What Do You Think? Heck Is Audi G28?

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Halley
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-09-21 08:27

본문

toyota-logo-2020.pngHow to Replace an audi a1 car key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the humble mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located near the edges of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU through a grey wire T55/49, then to the tachometer in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

It is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends signals to ECU pin T55/49 via a grey wire. The ECU uses this information to regulate boost and fuel. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu has to know when the crankshaft has reached TDC, and the position of the camshaft, to trigger the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails the ECU will show a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are not in sync, possibly indicating the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper chain of timing. However, the error code won't appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing is a bit tricky since there are two pins for the connector and they serve different purposes but the best method to test it is to measure resistance between the sensor and the ECU. When the sensor is operational, it should read approximately 1000 ohms. Check for evidence of coolant or oil in the connector bay if there are problems with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, as i was accelerating off the highway paytoll at maximum speed I noticed a significant drop in power. It was as if the engine had run out of gas. Or my injectors weren't firing. This morning i pull out the spark plugs. Three were drenched in gazoline, the 4th one was dry. When I start the engine, there are no sparks, I put a piece of tissue on the top of each hole in the injector and the 3 drenched with gazoline leap out, however the 4th stay closed. I tested the ground connection of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I got zero ohm. I assume that the problem is in another location.

I also tried to reset PID without success. The car key replacement audi can start when the G28 is disconnected and it runs perfectly when it is connected but it still is experiencing intermittent misfires at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when unplugged, still shows a temperature of -49c. Also i noticed that the gauge for oil pressure in the cockpit is showing 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 if i crank up the engine.

I don't know what to do. I think I've all other possibilities out. However, i'm afraid that i might have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 is activated by a signal sent from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is identical to the G4 and they both work in the 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars which is why you can easily locate one at a junkyard or from a parts store. It is simple to test them by putting your DMM in resistance mode and measure between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector end up) and 2 (2nd from the left on the black connector's end). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B, AAN, ABY and audi key fob car key (mouse click the up coming web site) ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that needs to know the position and speed of the crankshaft in order to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injectors, etc. To accomplish this, it makes use of a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you have a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will display the codes that could trigger the engine shutting down.

Some of the signs of a failing G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter for the gearbox, gears shifting quicker than normal and/or misfiring when you are in gear. If you have any of these issues it is likely that your sensor is deteriorating and should be replaced. They're inexpensive and easy to locate particularly in the case of an Bosch sensor like ours. Alternatively, GM's version of this part would be an option.

5. Tachometer

A faulty engine speed sensor could be a cause for numerous issues with your vehicle. It's a vital component of your audi Etron key's transmission, because it communicates to the ECU about how fast or slow the vehicle's crankshaft is turning. When this sensor fails, it will disrupt the performance of the transmission, as well as the other car's components.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of the transmission, over the flywheel ring. It sends a signal via gray wire to ECU pin T55/49. The ECU is then able to process this signal to control fuel, timig and boost, and also transmitting it to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster. You can test the sensor for any failure by checking the continuity between it and the tachometer. You can also check continuity between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection via pin T6a/1 (trace [79trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should see around 1000 ohms of resistance between those points. This is a common feature across the replacement audi a3 key 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and 1995 RS2 DU, so you might find them in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.